NEXT STEPS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CORONA VIRUS (COVID 19) PANDEMIC IN THE NORTH WEST REGTON
The North West Regional Delegate of Public Health heartily appreciates the work of the Corona Virus Sensitization and screening team stationed at the toll gate in Matezem/Santa .
Going forward we are kindly requesting everyone to put hands on deck and proceed as follows:
1) Sensitization and Screening for fever and other risk factors of COVID-19 shall continue at the Toll Gate in
Matezem, as well as in all the Health Facilities and Pharmacies in the North West Region.
2) Sensitization should also be done by All Non-Governmental Organisations working in the North West Region
especially in the villages where they are currently providing any form of humanitarian assistance.
3) This Sensitization should be reinforced by the following actors in the North West Region: Administrative and
Municipal Authorities, Religious ond Traditional Authorities, all Media Houses in the Region, TraditionalLanguage Broodcasters, Dialogue structure members, Community Health Workers, Psycho-social Workers,
Tradi-practitioners, and any other key community actor including bloggers.
4l The key messages below recommended by World Health Organisation together with the Ministry of PublicHealth, as well as some behavioural change communication material provided by the Ministry of Public Health, shall be used to sensitize the entire population of the Region. ln addition, an audio spot on these messages in Pidgin-english shall be sent out by the Regional Delegate for sharing with all through social media, emails andany other mobile communication channels.
5) The North West Regional Fund for Health Promotion shall produce Alcohol Based solutions (Hand sanitizers) in
sufficient quantities and make it available to all at the most affordable cost, given that this has already beenhighly subsidized by lhe Government of Cameroon. However any support from NGOs and other well-wishers to
enable its distribution free-of-charge to any vulnerable or hard-to reach populations in the Region, shall bewelcome.
6) The Regional Hospital shall in addition to screening and Sensitization of its users, ensure that samples arecollected from any suspected Cases and transmitted in the right conditions to “Centre Pasteur de Yaounde”, for a diagnosis of COVID-l9 to be made or excluded.
7) Some Toll Free Numbers specific to the North West Region shall be added to those already made available to the Population by H.E. the Minister of Public Health.
B) All other Government Measures to respond to this COVID-.l9 PANDEMIC should be strictly respected by all
We shall constantly provide any updates as soon as they are available.
– H.E. The Miinister of Public Health
– H.E. The Governor of the North West Region
– All District Medical officers,
NWR- Fileof Public Health